Barnside Brewing Co. & COVID 19 Safety Measures
On behalf of the entire Barnside Brewing family, we first want to take the time to thank you for your tremendous support during these last two months. We are extremely fortunate to be part of a truly wonderful community. You’ve been there for us from day one, and we are happy to once again be there for you – offering a place to come together, share stories, and enjoy a farm fresh beer while you’re at it!
As we work diligently towards being open again, we wanted to provide an update on our plans. It’s very important to us that we play our part in flattening the curve, ensuring your safety as well as the safety and well-being of our staff. We have assembled a list of procedures and protocols called COVID 19 Safety Measures. Based on the most current recommendations from WorkSafe BC, Provincial Health Officers and the BC Craft Brewers Guild, effective immediately we will be implementing the following measures that we have broken down into four sections.
- New signage to clearly mark designated areas
- Floor decals for proper directionality and to ensure proper spacing
- Plexiglass installed at the bar and drive up window
- Reduced capacity as per Provincial Health Office to allow for 6 foot distance between guest groups
- No Bar seating
- Off sale area roped off and serviced by staff member
- Sanitizing stations throughout the tasting room (at entrance, off sale counter, and bathrooms)
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitizing schedule
- Before returning to work, new and existing staff will be trained on our COVID 19 Safety Measures.
- Our policies have been updated so that all staff must agree to stay home if:
- they have travelled outside of BC in the past 14 days
- came in contact with a person or area known to have an outbreak
- Have a fever or show symptoms of COVID 19
- Posters are displayed in the staff area to remind staff of this policy
- All staff members must wash their hands after leaving service areas, handling cash/debit machines, after routine cleaning, and before and after their shift.
- All staff to wear masks, with gloves to be worn by kitchen staff and servers.
- One staff member to serve and one staff member to clear the table and sanitize.
- Single staff members in off sale area, behind the bar and in kitchen to ensure proper distancing.
- All deliveries will tracked for date, time, supplier, driver and receiving staff member. Staff members who accept deliveries must wear masks and disposable gloves. To limit the amount of people entering the kitchen, deliveries will be placed outside the kitchen and brought in by kitchen staff.
- Staggered start times and break times to limit congregation of staff in the same area.
- Serving staff must not directly hand card machines to customers, instead placing on the table or counter. Machines to be sanitized after each use.
- To limit hand-to-hand contact, drinks and food will be placed on the counter for serving staff to pick up.
- One end of each table is open with no seating to provide adequate entryway for the server.
- Areas of high traffic such as work surfaces, door handles, light switches, POS screens, fridges and dishwasher handles must be sanitized hourly.
- Bathrooms will be cleaned and sanitized hourly or every 30 minutes when busy.
- We have appointed Sabrina Witter as our Health and Safety officer, who will ensure that all the practices and safety measures are being followed. She will also ensure that all relevant information and material are distributed to the staff.
- Guests will be encouraged to use hand sanitizer before entering the premises. Hand sanitizer will be available at the Host table.
- Our friendly Covid Concierge will seat you once our staff have had enough time to properly clean and sanitize the tables in between seatings.
- Only Credit and Debit cards are accepted at this time, and we encourage you to use the tap method to reduce contact. Our apologies but NO CASH at this time.
- Party sizes have been limited to a maximum of 6 people per group, including children.
- Hand to hand contact (i.e handshakes and fist bumps) are not permitted at this time.
- Follow directions and floor decals to ensure proper distancing.
- We will be using disposable menus and offering table service.
- One member of each party will be required to leave their contact information with their server in the event that the provincial health officer requires it.
- Any new and/or updated safety measures will be posted under this category.
- Growler Fill program: We will accept your glass growler for sanitizing before filling. Please allow 10 minutes for staff to complete this process in a satisfactory manner.